A beautiful small lake in north-east Slovenia for relaxation, cooling and water fun? That’s the small lake near the town of Velenje.
Swimming in the Velenje Lake?
The lake has several beaches, including a child-friendly beach with shallow water and play equipment. It is the ideal place to cool off. You can have a lovely swim there. Enjoy the sun on the sunbathing lawn and enter the water via the small beach. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and swimwear!
Going to Velenje with the family?
At the lake you can get food and drinks. You can enjoy swimming and supping. And there is even a playground with an inflatable water castle. Ideal for a day of water fun with the whole family. You can let your children play quietly in the water, as there is lifeguard supervision in summer.
Picnicking and eating
Picnic areas and barbecue facilities are available. You can also enjoy local dishes at one of the restaurants at Velenje Beach.
Tips and Useful Information
- Parking: There are plenty of parking spaces available at the lake. Arrive early to find a good spot, especially during high season.
- Access: Access to the lake and beaches is free of charge.
- Pets: Pets are welcome, but keep them on a leash and follow local rules.
- Accommodation: If you decide to stay longer, there are several hotels and campsites nearby.
- Water sports: There is rental equipment such as a surfboard to make your stay at the lake even more fun.
You will find Velenje north of the town of Celje. Velenjsko Jezero is the Slovenian name for, Lake Velenje. On Google maps, navigate to‘Velenje Beach‘.
Want to discover more?
Discover other beautiful Lakes in Slovenia